Monday, February 16, 2009

Surrender

O Lord,
If You meant me to feel love
Is it this love that I have to let it go?

O Lord,
If You meant me to experience love
Is it this love that hurt me every now and again?

O Lord,
If You meant me to find the delight of love
Is it this love which dried out my tears?

O Lord,
If You meant me to fall in love
Is it this love which trapped me in sorrow?

But O Lord,
If You meant to make me stronger at heart
More patience in soul
Surrender myself under Your slavery
Submit to You entirely
Knowing that Your love is the most precious of all
Priceless which cannot bargain to other love
Then I beg You to teach me to survive
Ease the pain and heal the wound
Turn my heart into You only
Enlighten my path to the end
That I know it is You The One and Only
I would look up to
For better or worse, in happiness or sorrow
Knowing the essence of my wellbeing
Submit to You entirely

No comments:

Post a Comment